Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cabin Fever

The cold is over, I can write again.
Yes, it happens every year, a few days of "did you hear how cold it's going to be?". The cold really had no effect on me writing a new blog entry, but if there was an excuse I suppose that would be a good one. Well, the deep chill ends today, new snow is on the way and winter wonderland resumes.
Here's Rob and Amy getting ready for one of our Moonlight Snowshoe Trips. I snapped this as I was walking into the barn this afternoon. The duo pack up and head out to the cabin, just through the woods across from the Round Barn and begin to prepare. Amy stays at the cabin, Rob takes the snowmobile back to meet the guests at the Inn. Fitted with snowshoes, Rob leads the entourage through the moonlight into the woods. After meandering through the trees, the group will discover the cabin, with fire pit and candles outside and Amy who welcomes the group to go in and gather around the field stone fireplace or the antique cookstove, no electricity, no phones, no stress, just Amy's feast.
It's amazing. Really. I think there will be a "cabin food" entry in the near future, I am quite sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment